Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Day One - Acts and Surprise Me God

Day One of Surprise Me God started 10 minutes into the dawn of a new day. I awoke sick. Quite sick. The stomache flu that had made it through the rest of my family over the weekend had decided to set up residence inside me. There wasn't an hour throughout the night and much of the morning where I wasn't sick. But, that happens. I don't necessarily count that the surprise, although it wasn't something I was anticipating. What was a surprise was how beautiful the sunrise was as I drove to work. I had to go into work to lay out things for a substitute. I was driving to school at 6:30 this morning. That's a good hour before I normally head out. God was having a good painting day. And after a night of flu - I needed to see something pretty. While I was in awe of the sunrise, God managed to steer 4 deer out of my path - thank you Jesus. And it is the end of day one - and though I am feeling pretty wrung out - I did just eat my first thing of substanance in over 24 hours. Life is good. Day One of Acts was a good study too. Jesus goes home - but with a promise that He will be back. Good news indeed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my friend over at 'bloggin my noggin' also posted about the sunrise from this morning. interesting that though the two of you are several hundred miles apart, it was in fact the same sunrise you were complimenting. just about a half hour apart from each other. cool.

NFB in NYC said...

poor beans..throwin up all over herself....

Paul said...

Ugh. I hate being sick like that. It's the worse kind of sick. Hopefully you're all strengthened up by now and God is surprising you with good things!