Thursday, March 02, 2006

A Dangerous Woman

Here's my book report for the 50 books in a year a thon.

Finished
  • Suprise Me God by Terry Esau
  • Sister Freaks by various authors

Both were excellent reads. I highly recommend them.


Currently Reading

  • White Collar/Blue Collar God by Terry Esau
  • Nice Girls Don't Change the World by Lynne Hybels

I am almost finished with WCBCG. It is a good read.

I have just started NGDCW. In the book she says "The opposite of being a nice girl is a good woman. And, not just a good women, but a downright dangerous woman. A woman who shows up with everything she is and joins the battle against whatever opposes the redeeming work of God in our lives and in our world." Oh to be that kind of woman.

10 comments:

Herschel said...

thoughts on "surprise me God?"

Dena G said...

I think I need to read Lynne Hybels' book. That's what I want to be...a DANGEROUS woman. I want to be an Eowyn in the battle for God's kingdom. :-)

Cheryl said...

I am done with it Dena - if I remember I will bring it to church tomorrow. It is a quick read. Herschel - Surprise Me is an unusual read. Not my usual taste - simple yet good. A lot of good lifestyle evangelism stuff in it. Brandon - Sula - read it - it is foul but good. Difficult reading for a high school kid - good for you.

Anonymous said...

dangerous women are the best to be around. they're far more interesting than plastic. and being real has several advantages to being non-real.

have you ever seen the movie "beautiful girls?"

Herschel said...

nice eowyn reference dena...

Cheryl said...

i have not seen beatiful girls - it's funny someone told me this weekend i needed to see it. i will have to check it out

Anonymous said...

yes. yes you will. let us know when you do. i would love to discuss it. but really, the movie dowsn't really get GOOD GOOD until you see it about the fourth or fifth time. then the nuances of the characters start making more sense. one of my top 10, definitely.

Anonymous said...

so...

seen any good movies lately?

Herschel said...

did you quit blogging too?

Paul said...

Which way did you go... (checking for an update!)